At ancient times, the Andes people would believe their world was flat and endless surrounded by mountains, rivers, flora, fauna, humankind, sky, stars, etc. and on top of that they would believe that, the center part of that world was QOSQO, which in Quechua language means The Navel, The Belly Botton, when the Spaniards got here, they have changed it from Qosqo by Cusco which is a mispronunciation, there it comes the word Cusco from. If we think geographically Cusco is in the center of Incas territory, starting from southwest Colombia, Ecuador, Peru itself, Bolivia, northwestern part of Argentina and Northern part of Chile.
On top of that the Quechua speaking people have made an extra effort to give an animal shape to the Cusco city, which animal? Puma.
Thus on this tour you are going to learn a little bit of Our Puma city and the Inca trilogy based on three Physical division of the space as per the Incas: The upper world (represented by the Condor), This world (represented by the Puma) and the lower world (represented by the Snake).
At this tour your tour guide will explain you the Inca trilogy and you will also the palace of Inca Roca, the 6th king and get an explanation of Incas succession to the throne and much more, don’t miss it.
READ THE FOLLOWING REMARKS:
COST: 25.00 USD per person.
DURATION: 2 hours and a half approx., 1 Mile or 1.6 Kilometers, Flat Walking.
MINIMUM WALKERS REQURED: 2 passengers.
TRANSPORTATION: No need, everything will be by walking.
STARTING TIME: 02:00 PM (this is referential starting time you can always change it for the morning, since this is a customized walking tour).
HOW TO PAY? At the same Meeting Point, at the beginning of the Tour or at the end of the Tour all up to you, you pay to the Tour Guide.
WHAT TO BRING? At all times, bring some walking shoes, some WARM CHOTHES, and a BIG SMILE. Previously put on some sunblock if you tour is at daytime.
MEETING POINT: PLAZA REGOCIJO/CUSIPATA ONLY in front the city hall.
LOOK FOR THE FTF LOGO on the Yellow Vests ONLY.
TOUR GUIDE: Will be either Richard or Elvis, if somebody else we will let you know.
SITES WE COVER AT THIS TOUR:
- We are going to see the map of ancient Cusco City. (our lovely Puma shaped city)
- Historical explanation of The Plaza de Armas.
- We will be visiting The Street of the Sun.
- Get to play with the Alpacas and Lamas: Pablo, Paco, Juan, Jose and Roberto, our long time buddies(you can see our buddies only from 9am to 5pm, from Mon to Sat)
- Visit of Koricancha (Temple of the Sun, outdoor) and Santo Domingo Church (outdoor).
- Get to see one of the most important king´s Palace by the name of Inca Roca (outdoor), 1250 AD.
- Real Alpaca Wool Demonstration, learn how to recognize them and stop scams.
- We can always end up our tour at any place of your choice either at a Restaurant, Plaza de Armas or we can even walk you back to your Hotel.