Our Cusco city is almost 1000 years old city founded by Manco Capac and Mama Occllo, a mythical couple that gives the genesis to the Incas.
It is the capital of the Cusco Region as well as the Cusco Province. This lovely city has a population of half a million approx. and its elevation is over 3,400 m (11,200 feet). This city was the historical capital of the Incan Civilization from the year 1000 AD until 16th century when the Spanish arrived and the collapse of this civilization started up, because of many factors such as diseases, better Spanish technologies, many tribes became allies of the Spaniards and so on and so forth. From the 16th century until 19th century Cusco and Peru was part of Spain, in 1821 the 28th of July we got our emancipation done by Sr. Joseph de San Martin, since then we are a Republic and Cusco is not anymore a capital City although a very important city from the historical viewpoint therefore In 1983 this city has been declared as World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It has become a major tourist destination, receiving nearly 2 million visitors a year.
Because of this reasons and many other more join us for our Night Tour, that is suitable for everybody, we are going to combine our strong Incan and baroque style background City with the night.
READ THE FOLLOWING REMARKS:
- COST: 15.00 USD per person.
- DURATION: 2 hours and a half approx., 1 Mile or 1.6 Kilometers, Flat Walking.
- MINIMUM WALKERS REQURED: 2 passengers.
- TRANSPORTATION: No need, everything will be by walking.
- STARTING TIME: 05:30 pm (this is referential starting time you can always change it for later, since this is a customized night walking tour).
- HOW TO PAY? At the same Meeting Point, at the beginning of the Tour or at the end of the Tour all up to you, you pay to the Tour Guide.
- WHAT TO BRING? At all times, bring some walking shoes, some WARM CHOTHES, and a BIG SMILE.
- MEETING POINT: PLAZA REGOCIJO/CUSIPATA ONLY in front the city hall.
- LOOK FOR THE FTF LOGO on the Yellow Vests ONLY.
- TOUR GUIDE: Will be either Richard or Elvis, if somebody else we will let you know.
- BOOKING: REQUIRED
SITES WE COVER AT THIS TOUR:
- Briefing about Cusco city.
- Ancient map of Cusco city (Puma city)
- Plaza de armas
- Inti K’ijllu (Sun Street)
- Temple of Qoricancha (Outdoor)
- Palace of Pachaquteq (Outdoor)
- Palace of Tupaq Inca Yupanqui (Outdoor)
- Palace of Inca Roca (Outdoor)
- We can always end up our tour at any place of your choice either at a Restaurant, Plaza de Armas or we can even walk you back to your Hotel.