Excursion to the Sillar route + Culebrillas canyon
- 10k reviews 4 h
Join this excursion to the Sillar route and Culebrillas Canyon in Arequipa, you will discover how the process of extracting the “sillars” (some type of volcanic stones) that were used for the construction of the convents, monasteries, and mansions of Arequipa old town. During this journey you will visit the stone quarries of Añashuayco and the stonecutters of the virgin stone quarry of Culebrillas located in the canyon of the same name.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at about 9:00 or 14:00 – if applicable.
- You should read the Details and Notes Tab so there are no misunderstandings at all.
The duration of the trip is approximately 40 minutes. by bus.
These quarries, located in the district of Cerro Colorado, have a depth of 30 meters. The stones extracted from this area were used for decorative purposes in both mansions and churches during the Spanish period.
In addition to visiting the quarries, you will visit the petroglyphs of the pre-Inca culture known as Wari likewise enjoy a panoramic view of the Misti and Chachani volcanoes.
- The tour is expected to conclude at around 13:00 or 18:00.
- It ends near the Plaza de Armas in the historic center of Arequipa.
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||-9:00 to 13:00|
-14:00 to 18:00
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||Small group: 6 to 15 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|Tickets for the Sillar quarry: 10 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel||❌||✅|
Accessibility: Not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.
No hidden fees or surcharges