Tour to the Salinas salt flat and lagoon + Lojen hot springs
- 10k reviews 7 h
If you’re heading to Arequipa, don’t miss the Salinas Lagoon and salt flat, along with the famous Lojen hot springs located in the Salinas and Aguada Blanca National Reserve. This excursion will treat you to the finest Andean landscapes: volcanoes, alpacas, vicuñas, salt flats, and top it off with a mirror-like effect photo at the Salinas Lagoon.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at about 6:00 – if applicable.
- You should read the Details Tab so there are no misunderstandings at all.
- By vehicle.
- Queñoales and Yaretales trees are native to the Peruvian Andes.
The bus ride lasts approximately 1 hour.
This lagoon is located within the Salinas and Aguada Blanca National Reserve, you will discover the natural beauty (flora and fauna) surrounded by volcanoes and mountains.
- From January to March: You will see the Flamingo birds and Water Mirrors effects.
From April to December: You will visit the salt extraction centers.
- You can see llamas and vicuñas all year round.
The are also known for their medicinal properties, the high temperature of these hot springs is due to their proximity to the Lojen mini volcano.
The tour ends near the Plaza de Armas in the historic center of Arequipa.
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||6:00 to 13:30||5:00 to 19:00|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||Small group: 6 to 15 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|Tickets to the lagoon (it’s normally free): 10 soles pp||❌||❌|
|Tickets for the hot springs (optional): 5 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel||❌||✅|
Accessibility: Not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.
No hidden fees or surcharges