Are you tired of exploring the same attractions in Cusco? Then book with us the tour to the 7 lagoons of Ausangate, a full-day excursion, full of adventure, landscape, mountains, exotic-coloured lagoons (turquoise, blue, green and even reddish) that will blow your mind away; apart from those attractions you will also learn a little bit about Andean flora and fauna (Alpacas, Vizcachas and Cóndors).
- We will pick you up from your hotel at about 4:30am – if applicable or requested
- You Should Read the Details Tab so there are no misunderstandings at all
Cusco to Pacchanta by vehicle: 3 hours – Pacchanta is a community located at 4,300 m.a.s.l.
The walk is steep, to arrive at the first lagoon you will require approx. 1 hour.
The walk is steep and lasts approx. 2 hours. The lagoons are located close to each other, see below the name of the lagoons in order of arrival:
- Pucacocha Lagoon (4,500 m.a.s.l.) – is the first lagoon you will arrive at, the lagoon is reddish in color
- Patacocha Lagoon (4,860 m.a.s.l.)
- Alqacocha Lagoon (4,750 m.a.s.l.)
- Qomercocha Lagoon (4,666 m.a.s.l.) – the color of this lagoon is green to turquoise
- Orco Otorongo Lagoon (4,620 m.a.s.l.) – is a small lagoon that has the shape and spots similar to a male otorongo
- China Otorongo Lagoon (4,550 m.a.s.l.)
- Laguna Azul Cocha (4,500 m.a.s.l.) – is the last lagoon you will visit
- To use these hot springs, the whole group will have to be very good at trekking; otherwise, there won’t be time to spend time in the hot springs. We can never asure that the whole group will be good at trekking, it is a group tour, not private.
- If you want to make sure your visit to the hot springs, we suggest you a private tour and still you have to be very good at trekking.
- From Monday to Friday: It ends at 8pm approx. near the Plaza de Armas.
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: It ends at 8:30pm approx. near the Plaza de Armas.
- If you book a private tour, we will leave you at your hotel, and the return times are the similar.
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||– Mon to Fri: 4:30am to 8pm|
– Sat, Sun, holidays: 4:30am to 8:30pm
|5am to 8pm|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||15 to 30 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|Buffet breakfast and lunch||✅||✅|
|First aid kit||✅||✅|
|Entrance tickets for the 7 lagoons: 20 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Entrance tickets for the hot springs: 5 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Horses: One way (50 Soles pp) – round trip (80 Soles pp)||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel||❌||✅|
- People with reduced mobility.
- People with obesity and heart problems.
- People who are not acclimatized to the altitude.
- Minors unless you take responsibility.
- People without experience riding horses (applies only if you are going to rent horses)
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Tablets for high altitude sickness
- Drones (optional):
- Are allowed
- Pay directly to the indigenous: 50 Soles approx.
- Flying over drones is usually free, but sometimes locals charge
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.