Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain tour of Cusco
- 10k reviews 13.5 h
The tour of Rainbow Mountain in Cusco is one of a kind, the trendiest activity in the Cusco region and Peru, due to its incomparable natural beauty. The trip to rainbow mountain from Cusco is one of the excursions that you should book yes or yes; you cannot miss the Vinicunca rainbow mountain.
This beautiful scenic trip to rainbow mountain normally lasts up to 13.5 hours (bus trip + walk), the tour starts very early at 4:30 in the morning, you are going to have breakfast and lunch during the excursion and you will return to Cusco at 18:00 approx.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at about 4:30 – if applicable or requested
- You Should Read the Details Tab so there are no misunderstandings at all
Cusco to Cusipata by bus: 3 hours — Cusipata is a small town located at 3,310 m.a.s.l. (10,859 ft).
Cusipata to Llaqto by vehicle: 45 minutes — Llaqto is a small town located at 4,630 m.a.s.l. (15,190 ft).
- The first part of the walk is flat
- The last part of the hike is steep — 25 minutes
- Your guide will give a brief and concise explanation about this attraction
- Free time in the mountains: 35 to 40 minutes
This tour ends near the Plaza de Armas at approx 18:00. If you book a private tour, we will drop you off at your hotel.
The Red Valley: Optional attraction
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||4:30 to 18:00||5:00 to 17:30|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||15 to 30 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|Buffet breakfast and lunch||✅||✅|
|Professional Guide for Vinicunca||✅||✅|
|Professional Guide for the Red Valley||❌||❌|
|First aid kit||✅||✅|
|Entrance tickets for Vinicunca: 30 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Entrance tickets for the Red Valley: 20 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Horses: One way (50 Soles pp) – round trip (80 Soles pp)||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel||❌||✅|
- People with reduced mobility.
- People with obesity and heart problems.
- People who are not acclimatized to the altitude.
- Minors unless you take responsibility.
- People without experience riding horses (applies only if you are going to rent horses)
- * Drones.
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Tablets for high altitude sickness
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.
No hidden fees or surcharges