The Sun route tour leaving from Cusco
- 10k reviews 11 h
Discover the Sun Route leaving from the city of Cusco and concluding this tour in Puno city. During this excursion, you will explore the famous South American Sistine Chapel, the Raqchi archaeological site, the La Raya lookout point, and the Pukara Museum. Don’t miss it, we have daily departures.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at around 6:30, if applicable.
- Please, read the Details and Notes tab to ensure there are no misunderstandings.
It is considered the Sistine Chapel of America due to the Baroque style expressed on its European art created by local people in the 17th century. The fresco work was commissioned by the clergyman Juan Pérez de Bocanegra. This place is a must-visit place for tourists who appreciate art expressed through frescoes, oil paintings, and sculptures.
This place was once a temple dedicated to the Inca god known as “Wiracocha — creator of the universe,” built during the pre-Hispanic era. You can still see many of the walls, pillars, roofs, etc.
You will enjoy a super buffet lunch in Marangani town.
- It is the highest point of this excursion, located at 4,438 meters above sea level.
- It is a natural attraction and a mandatory stop where you can observe the Chimboya mountain, which often displays its snowy peak throughout much of the year.
Guided visit to the Pukara Museum where you will find lithic monuments such as sculptures and monoliths.
Ground terminal of Puno city Counter C-5 at about 17:30.
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||6:30 to 17:30||You decide|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||30 to 45 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel in Cusco||✅||✅|
|Tourist bus with air conditioning||✅||✅|
|Tickets for Andahuaylillas: 15 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Tickets for Raqchi: 15 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Tickets to Pucara museum: 15 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel||❌||✅|
Accessibility: Not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Tablets for high altitude sickness
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.
No hidden fees or surcharges