Discover the secrets of Lima history by joining our free walking tour Lima in English, guided by 100% licensed, expert, and local Tour Guides, we will walk through the entire historic center of the old capital of the viceroyalty of Peru. The city of Lima is also known as the “City of the Kings” or the gastronomic capital of South America — book your free tour today and discover much more about this unmissable city.
By walking with us, you will have the best option to enjoy a free tour around the historic center of Lima, during our walking tours, you will see very relevant tour attractions such as churches, palaces, balconies, colonial streets, and much more. Walking with our local Guides will be a unique experience, focused on the history and culture behind each iconic site.
Why do we pick up tourists from Miraflores?
If you are staying in Miraflores, don’t worry, we have a pick-up point for all customers staying in Miraflores, just come to the designated pick-up point, and we will take public transportation towards Lima historic center, thus you will save almost 50 Soles in taxi fare — almost 20 USD. However, if you are not close to our meeting point in Miraflores, come directly in front of La Merced Church in the historic center of Lima — the walking tour will begin here.
Honest walking tours
We offer 100% history-focused walks therefore we don’t take tourists to chocolate shops. We love sharing the real history of Lima; therefore, we are recommended by thousands of reviews on TripAdvisor.
Four reasons to choose us:
- We are a 100% Peruvian company
- We are an indigenous-owned business
- We are not an international company that charges a commission for each free tour reservation
- We do not subcontract local operators; we are your local operator!
Operation of this tour:
Book now! — we are operating all free tours in Lima in English and Spanish from Monday to Saturday (No Sundays), July 28, December 25 and January 1. We accept last-minute reservations, we have rooms. If you book your free tour beforehand, that is even much better. We have morning and afternoon meet-up times.
- Please, read the Meeting Point Tab so there are no misunderstandings at all.
- Please, read the Details Tab so you see the terms of the itinerary.
The most famous colonial and republican street in Lima.
The first studio of photography in Peru.
Interior visit of the main nave.
- The Presidential Palace — exterior visit
- The Cathedral — exterior visit
- City Hall Palace — exterior visit
- The water fountain of the colonial period — kilometer zero
- Event time: About 12 noon (not always)
- It doesn’t always happen due to the political instability
- We will do our best to stop by
- We don’t warranty that you will see it
- There is no changing of guard in the afternoon, then book the morning free tour
The oldest and most traditional bar founded on January 13, 1905.
Old train station.
Quick tasting of Peru’s national drink.
- This tour ends next to the Plaza de Armas de Lima:
- If you book the free tour for the morning schedule, your tour ends at 1:15pm approx.
- If you book the free tour for the afternoon schedule, your tour ends at 5pm approx.
- Any tourist who wishes to get back to Miraflores or Barranco will be helped by our Guide
Schedule and Language
|10am||English||From Monday to Saturday||3.5 h|
|11am||English||From Monday to Saturday||2.5 h|
|3pm||English||From Monday to Saturday||2.5 h|
|10am||Spanish||From Monday to Saturday||3.5 h|
|11am||Spanish||From Monday to Saturday||2.5 h|
|3pm||Spanish||From Monday to Saturday||2.5 h|
|10am||Pasaje Porta 132, outside the Oechsle mall in Miraflores. This is an Optional Meeting Point, You Must See Faq’s below before coming to this place|
|11am||Outside La Merced church on the Jirón de La Unión street in the historic center|
|3pm||Outside La Merced church on the Jirón de La Unión street in the historic center|
It’s a free tour, 100% free to book — once the tour is done, leave an awesome donation.
Type: Group tours — no private walks.
Size: 15 walkers approx.
Accessibility: Not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Included: Professional and licensed Guide.
- Personalized service
What do I bring?
- If your free tour leaves at 10am from Miraflores
- Bring 3.20 Soles pp for the metro-bus ticket
- * Bring the exact amount of money, we don’t have coins to give you the change
- Good walking shoes
- Caps or hats
How do I book?
- Fill out the form
- Put your data correctly
- * Groups of larger than 10 walkers, contact us first
- * No tour agencies are allowed to book
Cancellation: Reply the confirmation e-mail we sent you and cancel.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.