If you don’t have much time to stay in Cusco, then join our 1-day excursion to Machu Picchu by bus and train leaving from Cusco city.
Machu Picchu from Cusco by bus and train
1 day tour of Machu Picchu
- It starts in the city of Cusco at 3:50 am approx.
- It ends in the city of Cusco at 8 pm approx.
- About 16 hours
- Guided tours in Spanish and English — separate groups based on the language
- If you prefer this service in another language, we recommend a private tour
- Tour type
- Group Tour
- Tourists using a wheelchair can visit the citadel of Machu Picchu, please inform us in advance to coordinate
- How to make reservations?
- Please contact us via this page. We will give you a quote, and once we agree, you will receive a custom offer with the price
- If you are browsing with a cell phone, click on the Book Now button on the Menu or Scroll down
- Please bring:
- Original passport — photocopies or screenshots are not accepted
- Sweater or jacket
- Anti-slip shoes
- Rain poncho
- Hat or cap
- Local currency
- A bottle of water
- Camera — selfie sticks are not allowed
- Train (round trip)
- Qualified guide
- Buses from Cusco to Ollantaytambo (round trip)
- Buses from Aguas Calientes to the ruins of Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- Not Included
- Group Tour:
- 280 USD per person — referential prices
- Private Tour:
- Not available
- The starting point in Cusco city: We’ll pick you up at your hotel at about 3:50 am (as long as you stay in the historic center of Cusco); otherwise, we’ll coordinate another meeting place according to your convenience
The route below may change because of strikes, weather issues, and festivities.
- We will take you to Av. El Sol 843 (Inca Rail Office), we have to be there by 3:50 am; the bus leaves at 4:20 am from the city of Cusco towards Ollantaytambo
- Transfer to Train at Ollantaytambo train station at 10 am; the train leaves at 6:40 am. The staff of Inca Rail will assist you, nothing to worry
- Your train will arrive at Aguas Calientes at about 8 am
- Have some breakfast on your own
- Then you will have to board the Bus from Aguas Calientes to the ruins of Machu Picchu on your own at no later than 9.10am; Your guide will wait for you at 10am outside the main entrance door to the ruins of Machu Picchu
- Guided tour of the ruins of Machu Picchu for approx. 2 hours (10 am to 12 pm)
- Return on your own by Bus from the ruins of Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Board the train on your own at 3.42 pm in the city of Aguas Calientes heading to Ollantaytambo, your train leaves at 4.12 pm
- Transfer to the bus at 6:30 pm in Ollantaytambo heading to Cusco. The staff of Inca Rail will assist you, nothing to worry
- You will arrive in Cusco at around 8 pm approx.
- Return to your hotel on your own, Cusco city is small, you can walk to your hotel or just take a taxi, pay 5 Soles for both of you.
- You can cancel the tour up to 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the cost of the tour will apply
- The price of the bus tickets of the Consettur company and entrance tickets to Machu Picchu will not be returned because that is the company’s policies that they have
- The rest will be refunded in approximately one week.
No hidden fees or surcharges