The Aymara route: Full day tour
- 10k reviews 9 h
Join the full-day tour to the Aimara route in Puno, you will enjoy various tourist attractions, such as the famous Inca temple of phalluses for fertility, the spanish city of Chucuito, the Andean Waru Warus, the Chulpas (cemeteries) of Molloco, and the mysterious Amaru Muru portal. All the mentioned places above are located in the southern part of the Puno region, where the majority of people speak the Aymara language.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at around 8:00 — if applicable.
- Please, read the Details and Notes tab to avoid any misunderstandings.
It was an important city during the Spanish/colonial period and it features original architecture from the 16th and 17th centuries.
Its name is due to the phallic lithic sculptures found in the city of Chucuito.
It’s a hydraulic technique for irrigation, creation of microclimates and to combat frost. Its invention dates back to pre-Hispanic times.
- The chullpas are a set of funerary structures/cemeteries that belonged to a pre-Inca culture Lupaca.
- They are located near the city of Molloco.
Amaru Muru is a portal carved into a stone wall that measures 7 meters high, local people believe it was an inter-dimensional door during the Inca empire.
The tour ends near the Plaza de Armas of Puno at around 17:00. If you book a private tour, we’ll drop you off at your hotel.
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||8:00 to 17:00||You decide|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||15 to 30 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|Tickets for tourist attractions: 15 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel||❌||✅|
Accessibility: Not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Tablets for high altitude sickness
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.
No hidden fees or surcharges