Tour of the Sun route: Starts in Puno, concludes in Cusco
- 10k reviews 10 h
Book the Sun Route tour leaving from Puno city and ending Cusco city. During this journey, you will discover pre-Hispanic artistic expressions in stone and clay at the Pukara Museum, the Inca archaeological site of Raqchi, the natural beauty of Mount Chimboya, and finally, you will observe the colonial/Spanish art at the Andahuaylillas Chapel.
- We’ll pick you up from your hotel at around 7:00 — if applicable.
- Please, read the Details and Notes tab to avoid any misunderstandings.
You’ll have a guided tour in the museum where you will find ceramics and zoomorphic lithic sculptures.
- La Raya is a viewpoint located on the border between the regions of Puno and Cusco; it is the highest point of the excursion, situated at 4,438 m.a.s.l.
- From this location, you will have the opportunity to observe the famous Chimboya mountain covered in snow.
You’ll enjoy a buffet lunch at the Marangani restaurant.
At this place, you can see urban settlements and temples from the Inca period. This location was also considered the temple of the god Wirachocha, the creator of the universe, according to Andean beliefs.
It is considered the Sistine Chapel of America due to its beautiful murals/frescoes and oil paintings from the Cusco art school — Escuela Cusqueña de Arte.
You’ll disembark at a private terminal on Las Américas H-16 avenue at the Parque Industrial, Cusco city.
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||7:00 to 17:00||You decide|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||30 to 45 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel in Puno||✅||✅|
|Tourist bus with air conditioning||✅||✅|
|Tickets to Pucara museum: 15 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Tickets for Raqchi: 15 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Tickets for Andahuaylillas: 15 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel in Cusco||❌||✅|
Accessibility: Not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Tablets for high altitude sickness
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.
No hidden fees or surcharges