Tour to Uros and Taquile - full day
- 10k reviews 10.5 h
Discover Puno with this magnificent tour to the Uros and Taquile Islands located on Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest navigable lake at nearly 3,800 meters above sea level. Through this excursion, you will learn about the flora, fauna, and the culture of its inhabitants. Don’t miss out on this experience.
If you arrive in Puno by bus very early in the morning (3:00, 4:00, or a similar time), we will meet you at the bus terminal, then take you to the pier where you will start the tour, and afterward, we can take you back to the terminal if you prefer.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at around 6:45 — if applicable.
- You will be transported by vehicle to the Puno Lakeside Pier.
- Please read the Details and Notes tab to ensure there are no misunderstandings.
25 minutes approx.
- The Uros people live in rural houses constructed on reed (totora) platforms that don’t exceed 40 cm in thickness; this is why they are known as the Floating Islands.
- Approximately 6 families can be found on each island.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about the landscape, culture, and traditions of these floating islands.
This island is known for the customs and textile art of its people. You will also observe their rustic houses, Inca terraces, and take a short walk up 550 steps to reach the town. Please, note that Taquile is not a floating island.
- Around 17:00, arrival at the Puno city pier.
- Around 17:15, arrival at your hotel in the city of Puno.
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||6:45 to 17:15||7:00 to 17:15|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||15 to 30 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|Typical lunch in Taquile||✅||✅|
|Tickets for the floating islands of Uros and Taquile||✅||✅|
|Drop off at your hotel||✅||✅|
Accessibility: Not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Tablets for high altitude sickness
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.
No hidden fees or surcharges