Uros and Amantani excursion - full day tour
- 10k reviews 10 h
Enjoy this journey sailing on Lake Titicaca; you will visit the floating islands of Uros and Amantani. Additionally, you’ll discover the flora, fauna, and traditions of the inhabitants of Lake Titicaca.
If you arrive in Puno by bus very early in the morning (3:00, 4:00, or a similar time), we will meet you at the bus terminal, then take you to the pier where you will start the tour, and afterward, we can take you back to the terminal if you prefer.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at around 7:10 — if applicable.
- You will be transported by vehicle to the Puno Lakeside Pier.
- Please read the Details and Notes tab to ensure there are no misunderstandings.
25 minutes approx.
- The Uros people live in rural houses constructed on reed (totora) platforms that don’t exceed 40 cm in thickness; this is why they are known as the Floating Islands.
- Approximately 6 families can be found on each island.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about the landscape, culture, and traditions of these floating islands.
This island is considered the largest one on Lake Titicaca and it is also known as the “Island of Love” because of the beautiful landscape. Its population is well-known for its handicrafts, textiles, and the traditional attire that the locals still wear for their daily activities.
- Around 17:00, arrival at the Puno city pier.
- Around 17:15, arrival at your hotel in the city of Puno.
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||7:10 to 17:15||7:15 to 17:00|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||15 to 30 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|Typical lunch in Amantani||✅||✅|
|Tickets for the floating islands of Uros and Amantani||✅||✅|
|Drop off at your hotel||✅||✅|
Accessibility: Not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Tablets for high altitude sickness
- Local currency in cash
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.
No hidden fees or surcharges