Discover the awesome Vinicunca rainbow mountain with our ATV tours, you will leave from Cusco city on a bus heading towards the tiny village of Japura. Then, you’ll hike uphill all the way to the mind-blowing seven-colored mountain.
In the little village of Japura, you’ll get breakfast before kicking off the quad bikes. Then, top it off with a quick and easy half-hour hike to finally reach the epic 7-color mountain (Vinicunca).
- We pick you up from your hotel at about 3am (1st schedule) or 8am (2nd schedule) approx. – if applicable or you requested it.
- Read the Details Tab so there are no misunderstandings.
3 hours approx. by vehicle on paved road and dirt road. Japura is an indigenous community.
- You’ll have a local breakfast, and after the delicious morning meal, there will be a brief training on the proper handling of quad bikes and safety parameters.
- Note: If you book this tour for the first schedule, breakfast is not included. We recommend having breakfast at your hotel in Cusco city.
You’ll be riding the quad bikes for about 45 minutes to 1 hour on a bumpy dirt road, crossing some rad little plains along the way.
It’s about a 30-minute steep hike.
Brief explanation about this wonder, and then you’ll have some free time to snap the sickest pics and soak in the awesomeness of the place!
About 25 minutes on foot, all downhill.
- About 45 minutes to an hour on quad bikes, riding along a gnarly compacted dirt road.
- You will take the same route to return
This tour ends next to the Plaza de Armas at 4pm(for the 1st schedule) and 9pm(for the 2nd schedule). If you book a private tour, we will drop you off at your hotel.
It’s an extra attraction located about 4km from Vinicunca. If you wanna check it out, you’ll need to rent a motorbike (around 70 Soles pp) in Qosqopata to save time. Add 15 USD pp to the total price, and this extra cost doesn’t cover a Guide or entrance fee to the Red Valley. Check the details tab for more info.
How do you want your service, group(shared) or private?
|Schedule||– 3am to 4:30pm|
– 8am to 9pm
|5am to 6pm|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||10 to 15 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|Breakfast (only for the 1st schedule)||✅||✅|
|Professional Guide for Vinicunca||✅||✅|
|Professional Guide for the red valley||❌||❌|
|ATV, helmets and gloves||✅||✅|
|Entrance tickets for Vinicunca: 30 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Entrance tickets for the red valley: 20 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel||❌||✅|
- The maximum weight allowed per person is 100 kg.
- The total number of riders per ATV is 2. The maximum combined weight is 130 kg.
- For a better and more comfortable experience, we recommend 1 person per ATV
- The maximum speed is 45 km/h
- Must be 16 years or older with a valid drivers license to drive our ATVs
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.