Tour to Waqrapukara by Santa Lucia route
- 10k reviews 14 h
If you are tired of booking traditional tours around Cusco, then sign up for our tour to Waqrapukara; In the Quechua language “Waqra” means horn and “Pukara” means watchtower. This attraction is currently an archaeological site dating back to the Inca peiod located south of the city of Cusco, don’t miss it, it’s a mindblowing destination.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at about 4:30 – if applicable or requested
- You Should Read the Details Tab so there are no misunderstandings at all
Cusco to Cusipata by vehicle: 3 hours — Cusipata is a small town located at 3,310 m.a.s.l. (10,859ft).
You will enjoy breakfast at a local restaurant, there are also vegetarian options.
Cusipata to Santa Lucia by vehicle: 2.5 hours approx. — Santa Lucia is a small town located at 3,623 m.a.s.l. (11,886ft).
The entire hike is steep — 1.5 hours approx.
- Your guide will give a brief and concise explanation about this attraction.
- Free time in the mountains: 35 minutes approx.
Lunch will be outdoors on the route from Waqrapukara to Santa Lucia, there are no touristic restaurants.
This tour ends near the Plaza de Armas at 18:30 approx. If you book a private tour, we will drop you off at your hotel.
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||4:30 to 18:30||5:00 to 18:00|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||15 to 30 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|Buffet breakfast and box-lunch||✅||✅|
|First aid kit||✅||✅|
|Entrance tickets for Waqrapukara: 10 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel||❌||✅|
- People with reduced mobility.
- People with obesity and heart problems.
- People who are not acclimatized to the altitude.
- Minors unless you take responsibility.
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Tablets for high altitude sickness
- Drones (optional):
- Are allowed
- Pay directly to the indigenous: 50 Soles approx.
- Flying over drones is usually free, but sometimes locals charge
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.
No hidden fees or surcharges