Excursion to the Quechua route
- 10k reviews 11 h
Join the Quechua route tour and explore the history of the city of Lampa through its colonial church and art, discover the pre-Inca cemetery of the Collao culture in Sillustani and the lithic art museum of Pukara.
- We pick you up from your hotel at about 7:00 — if applicable.
- Please read the Details and Notes tab so there are no misunderstandings.
The archaeological site of Sillustani contains Chullpas, which are cylindrical tower-shaped tombs that belonged to the Collao culture. There are approximately 90 chullpas at this site.
- It was a temple dedicated to the Apostle Santiago, made of pink stone (sillar) and houses ancient catacombs and paintings from the Cusco School of Art.
- Inside the church, you will find two identical replicas of Michelangelo’s Pietà, which are displayed in the Vatican, one in white and the other in black colour. These replicas served as a model for restoring the original Pietà after it was vandalized in 1972.
- In Lampa, You can also find the Puya or Titanca de Raimondi, which belongs to the Andean fauna of the highlands and it was studied by Antonio Raymondi.
- Discover the library of Enrique Torres Belón, a politician from Lampa who donated his collection of books to his hometown.
You will have lunch in one of the restaurants of Pucara city at about 13:10, your Guide will recommend several options, you choose.
- The museum was created in 1999 and exhibits cultural artifacts recovered during the 1970s in the Pukara archaeological area.
- The collection is primarily composed of “estelas de granito” and monoliths featuring zoomorphic and anthropomorphic figures of various forms related to the Pukara culture.
The tour ends near the Plaza de Armas of Puno at around 18:00. If you book a private tour, we’ll drop you off at your hotel.
The prices shown in the table are:
- Per person in US dollars ($).
- Pple. = people.
- Group = group service, shared.
|Schedule||7:00 to 18:00||You decide|
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||15 to 30 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|Tickets for Sillustani: 15 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Tickets for the Lampa church: 5 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Tickets to Pucara museum: 15 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel||❌||✅|
Accessibility: Not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What do I bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Tablets for high altitude sickness
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The cancellation is free as long as you do it 48 hours in advance; otherwise, a fee of 100% of the tour cost will apply.
Please, scroll down to see reviews.
No hidden fees or surcharges